The web design company you hire can do more than just web development or design. It can also perform a number of services for your site. It can update, maintain and support your website, as you require it. Collectively, web support and maintenance refers to any collaboration, communication and work by and between you and the organization you employ to develop your site. It includes common services, such as:
- Redesigning website on scheduled dates or as needed
- Creating new web page or pages
- Adding new graphics, images and online applications
- Uploading or changing photos
- Posting blogs regularly
- Researching for stock images
- Editing or writing new content
- Working on minor modifications for the site
- Email and phone support
- Integrating social media (including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) to the site
- Solving technical issues
Basing on the items above, you may say that you do not need any assistance to your site because you will not change anything on it. You are wrong. Time will come that you are going to call for any of these services. Here are the reasons why:
1. A website can be likened to a business. It necessitates ongoing update, maintenance and support to ensure prolonged existence and success of your site. A website that does not do any activity for several months or worst, for years, will not gain trust from customers and will not be crawled at by search engine spiders.
2. You will have to post new content every time not only because you need to rank higher in the search engine results page but because you want to give your visitors new things to look out for, such as uploading new images, posting interesting content so they will appreciate your site, and many more.
3. Technical issues will arise no matter how perfectly designed your website is. Only the technical staff of the Phoenix web design company that you hire has the expertise to do this.
4. If you own only a small business like an online retail shop, you do not have to hire a developer or webmaster to do this for you. Incurring overhead expense is impractical if you can get the same services for a much lower cost.
5. With web maintenance, you can always look forward to exciting new designs or layout in your site.
6. Be happy if the time comes that you will need web support and maintenance because this only means that your business is growing. With the traffic increasing overtime, you should grab this opportunity to sell more products and services. Post more pictures and publish new contents regularly (every week to be specific).
7. Because this activity consumes too much time, you may forget some important things about the business itself. By hiring a company to do all these things for you, you can focus your time and energy on gaining revenue instead of updating, as well as maintaining, your site.
8. Management of database also comes easier. You do not have to worry about losing pertinent information about your company. Working on data analysis is no longer a part of your concern. You can just focus on the result and how you should act to it.
9. They have staff that will be assigned exclusive to your needs to make communication easier and delivery of service faster.
10. They monitor site traffic and other relevant data that will dictate how you will successfully run your website and more importantly, your business.
Web maintenance and support is necessary to any business that does transactions online. It helps in Internet marketing and ensures growth. If you will hire a Phoenix web design company for this, make sure that you have discussed every single detail to achieve service satisfaction.
Need help maintaining your website?
There are many drawbacks to neglecting the importance of web maintenance and support. If you need help maintaining the optimal performance of your website, let PrimeView offer the necessary web maintenance solutions your site needs. Call us at 480-970-4688 to request a free proposal over coffee — on us.
Latest posts by Peter A. Liefer II (see all)
- How to Handle Revision Requests for Web Design in Phoenix - January 2, 2018
- Social Media Sites Dominating the 21st Century - December 19, 2017
- Why You should Invest in Professional Photography for your Google Business Photos - December 11, 2017