The Pillars of Social Media Marketing Part 2
In a previous blog, we talked about the pillars of social media marketing, such as social media optimization, social bookmarking, social networking, and blogging. Today we will talk about the other components that help make a successful campaign – such as press releases and video distribution.
Social media press releases can be likened to traditional press releases, although in this sense they are distributed into social media. These press releases have the added benefit of being shareable, easily viewable, and distributed to a larger range of audience. For instance, your press releases can be found on search engines when someone looks for a query – and if they like your content, they can share it with their friends, too.
Now, the rule of the thumb when it comes to creating press releases online is to make them enticing to read. Experts say that press releases with images and videos tend to be more embraced by the public, over a press release that is purely text alone. Adding images and graphics to a press release can, therefore, increase the odds that it would be shared by a mile.
Now, here are a number of ways through which you can write a compelling press release:
- Have a catchy headline – Why do you think those click-bait articles work? Precisely because their headlines are about things that people want to read about! Having an interesting headline will make more people click the press release and read your message.
- Keep it short and sweet – There’s a reason that this has become a saying among journalists. Keeping your message concise and sweet is a great way to ensure that your audience is not bored with the content. Add all the pertinent on the first paragraph, then break down your press release into segments. This way, your readers would not be overwhelmed by the amount of information you have provided.
- Be credible – You can do this by citing references, presenting hard facts and numbers, as well as adding quotations from industry experts. This would help your content be recognized as a resource and not just clutter on the Internet. Likewise, add your contact details to the end of your content so that your audience would know where to reach out should they have any questions.
- Add share buttons – This is perhaps the most important thing you can do to keep your content more engaging – give people the option to share them! Giving people an easy option to share your content is a great way to spread your message since it can be shared with a single tap of the button.
- Think mobile – When you add buttons, images, videos, and other items to your press release, remember that majority of the people who would be reading it would be doing so from their mobile devices. Therefore, make sure that you do not clutter their mobile with unnecessary bandwidth. Display only what needs to be displayed, and make sure that the information would load even in the most challenging situations, such as when there is a poor internet connection.
Now that you know how to write an interesting press release, here’s what you need to know about the other pillar of social media marketing, video distribution.
What is video distribution?
Video distribution is the act of harnessing video-sharing websites such as Youtube to increase your brand retention, reputation, and spread your message. The world of videos continue to grow to staggering heights – just think of popular YouTubers and how big their following has become. However, it is not as simple as sitting in front of a camera and acting goofy: when you’re running a business, you need more than that to be viral.
How so? A good social media marketing campaign harnesses the power of video. Some companies tap advertising companies and big production houses to create compelling video advertisements for them. These advertisements are catchy, and, depending on the brand, can also be heartwarming. Other brands prefer their videos to be edgy and sophisticated.
When it comes to video distribution, one of the ways through which you can ensure that your video would get millions of views is to have a compelling storyline. If you’re trying to build brand retention, then you can have a video that talks about what you do and what sets you apart from your competitors. However, remember that there are millions, if not trillions, of videos on the internet today. You would have to ask yourself what would actually help your video stand out from the rest.
This is where a good interactive marketing and web design company can help you with. A good company will be able to help you create an engaging video that would speak volumes about your brand while at the same time foster engagement among those who will view it. How so? These companies know your audience and would understand what would be relatable to these audiences. For example, if you are a repair shop that specializes in farm trucks, then the web marketing company can come up with a witty storyline that talks about how having working farm trucks helped families survive.
At the end of the day, it all boils down to your messaging. Of course, a video is just a small part of a social media marketing campaign – but it is one of the factors that can easily sway your campaign in your favor. After all, there is nothing people like more than a good story – and if you can create a video in such a way that makes it interesting, and distribute it in such a way that will make your audience want to speak to you to talk about your services – then you know that you’ve won half the battle.
There are many factors that can affect a social media marketing campaign. Its pillars – social media networking, blogging, bookmarking, video distribution, and press releases – all work together to bring your company’s best image forward. However, your success relies on the company that you chose to work for you – so make sure you choose one with a proven track record of success.
Achieve Social Media Success
Social media can be used for generating massive amounts of revenue or it can be a massive waste of time. Be well on your way to social media success by letting PrimeView implement these pillars to your brand. Call us at 480-970-4688 to request a free proposal.