A Landing Page also known as a destination page, is a website page that allows you to capture a visitor’s information through a lead form. Potential customers typically arrive on a landing page by following links from a variety of social media, email, and search engine optimized advertising campaigns.
Why is it important? It generally displays logical information, usually something that pertains directly to the keywords searched, or has the keywords directly on the page. In pay per click, the landing page is considered the place where “the deal is closed” which basically means that visitors decide on the landing page whether they are going to use the service of the web page or not.
Here’s an example, think about having a Google AdWords PPC ad running for one of your best keywords. Even if you advertise how great your company is and a potential customer clicks through on that ad, do you want them to be sent to your homepage? Of course not, there’s a big chance that they will leave your website especially if the customer cannot find the offer you are promoting or they need to search/navigate your website before they reach what they are looking for. In addition to this, there are several things to avoid when creating a PPC landing page:
- Unclear call to action (must have a large visible button that allows the customer clicking it)
- A page filled with unnecessary visual distractions. (Keep the page simple, clean, and straight to the point.)
- Having a long or heavy description. (Keep the sentence short and simple)
- Do not keep promises (the Ad Copy must be visible or relevant to the content of landing page)
- Having Long Forms (Keep forms as short and concise as possible)
Pay per click advertising is something that should be very hands on. If you’re not managing it on a constant basis you’ll be losing out on opportunities to improve, capitalize on successes, and increase the chance of spending money on fruitless campaigns.
Latest posts by Peter A. Liefer II (see all)
- How to Prepare Your Website for the Holiday Season - October 30, 2017
- What are Facebook Ads and Why Invest in them for your Small Business - October 16, 2017
- Six Ways to Respond to Negative Reviews - September 21, 2017